Make Your Own Cold Brew Coffee
13 December 2016
As well as enjoying Crocky's Cold Brew in Wellington this Summer, here’s how to make a rich sweet, cold brew for two at home or on holiday.
Pop into Emporio HQ at 90 Abel Smith St and purchase some of our Summer Coffee Blend, we’ll throw in a couple of filters for you to make your own cold brew. You can also buy mason jars from us to use for your cold brew (and keep for later use as an Emporio Coffee jar).
- Sterilise your jar by washing it with boiling water or place the clean jar in an oven on 180 degrees for about 15min.
- Slightly dampen the filter (do not drench it).
- Put 25g (two level tablespoons) of filter-ground Emporio Summer Blend coffee in the filter. Twist the top.
- Place the filter in the jar, with the twisted top overhanging.
- Fill the jar with water (we use Petone spring water for a better result).
- Loosely screw the lid on the jar with the top of the filter still hanging out.
- Leave to brew for approximately 12 hours before removing the filter from the jar.
- Serve over ice with extra water or milk to taste. Enjoy.